At Northwest Hand & Orthopedics we have a board certified medical acupuncturist – an MD who has received additional training in acupuncture. Having acupuncture performed by a doctor who is trained in both Eastern and Western medicine gets you the best of both worlds. Your condition is diagnosed from differing points of view, increasing your treatment options. Our medical acupuncturist uses a variety of approaches, including traditional acupuncture, meridian based energy moving circuits, sophisticated balancing techniques, incorporating Five Element Theory, and more modern approaches, including electrical stimulation and Percutaneous Electric Nerve Stimulation (PENS).
Most people seek acupuncture for:
- Pain relief – acute and chronic, any body part
- Recurrent headaches – can eliminate or reduce frequency
- Speeding recovery from injury or surgery
- Digestive disturbances, irritable bowel syndrome
- Allergies – chronic nose, sinus and lung problems